Did you know the Scout Law is different in different countries? Do you know how many Scout Laws were there in the first Scouting for Boys?
Answer: There were actually 9 Scout Laws which were as follows:
- A Scout’s honour is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Scout is a friend to all, and a brother to every other Scout, no matter to what social class the other belongs.
- A Scout is courteous.
- A Scout is a friend to animals.
- A Scout obeys orders.
- A Scout smiles and whistles.
- A Scout is thrifty.
Over time and countries, these Scout Laws were modified for each country’s usage. A comprehensive source of information on all the Scout Law of the various countries can be found at Wikipedia.
Also, enjoy some commercials produced by the Boy Scouts of America (BSA for short) that were found on YouTube.